- Posted by Chadkirk
- On 16th July 2018
As the Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) reached its 5,000th member last week, here at Chadkirk Transport, we’re reflecting on how our FORS Silver accreditation has helped us to adhere to the highest operating standards in the industry.
FORS is the UK’s leading voluntary accreditation scheme for fleet operators which focuses on road safety, operational efficiency and environmental protection. It aims to help businesses improve performance and demonstrate to customers their commitment to exceeding the industry standard.
In September 2017, after months of hard work and dedication from the Chadkirk Transport team, we became one of the first transport companies in Manchester to be accredited FORS silver, following our bronze accreditation in 2016.
As a FORS silver fleet operator, we are ultimately compliant with the CLOCS Standard for Construction Logistics and with TfL’s Work Related Road Risk. Not only has the scheme given us peace of mind that we’re managing our work related road risk (WRRR), it has benefitted in many other ways too, including:
- Improved road safety (ultimately leading to a reduced risk in collisions)
- Reduced fuel emissions
- Reduced fines/penalties
- Improved our performance and developed our skill set
- Thorough training for all of our drivers and managers, upping our productivity and safety
- A reduction in running costs
- Improved efficiency through more sophisticated management systems
- High tech safety equipment fitted across our fleet including full camera systems
- Additional features include advanced telematics and real time vehicle monitoring
- Increased our overall industry intelligence
- Ability to offer a more bespoke service for our customers
- Enables us to deliver to London sites which expect the highest operational and safety standards
Rhys Fildes, Managing Director, said: “As a transport business, we’re committed to working to standards above the legal minimum and our FORS silver accreditation proves this to our current and prospective customers.
“Joining the scheme has given us a best practice mindset, and following FORS’ announcement that they’ve now reached 5,000 members, it’s great to hear so many companies like ours are doing the same.”
For more information on FORS, visit here: https://www.fors-online.org.uk/cms/